gdi32full.dll is missing – how to get rid of the error
gdi32full.dll is a dynamic link library used by a wide variety of software in the Windows operating system. This library is part of the Windows graphical interface, the purpose of which is to represent graphic objects and their subsequent transfer to all kinds of display devices, for example, displays or printers (GDI or Graphics Device Interface).
The error about the absence of gdi32full.dll occurs if the declared library is changed, damaged, or completely removed from the user’s system. The error message contains the following information:
The program cannot start because Gdi32full.dll is missing on the computer. Try reinstalling the program.
It is worth noting that an error with the Gdi32full file can occur not only on Windows 10, but also on Windows 8 and even Windows 7, but in today’s article we will focus primarily on the top ten.
How to get rid of the error with the Gdi32full.dll file
Solution # 1 Reinstalling the application
In certain cases, the Gdi32full.dll file is part of the application being launched. Perhaps something happened to this file, for example, it was changed or deleted from the root folder of the program, so it is no longer possible to launch the latter. Try reinstalling the running application and check if the error goes away or not.
Solution # 2 Update graphics drivers
Some users claim that they managed to get rid of the Gdi32full.dll missing error by updating their video card drivers. We recommend not just updating the drivers, but reinstalling them altogether. To reinstall your video driver, you need to do the following:
- right-click on the Start menu and select “Device Manager”;
- open the “Video adapters” section and find your video card;
- right-click on it and select “Remove device”;
- follow the instructions on the screen to get rid of old drivers;
- reboot your PC and download a new pack of video drivers from the following sites:
- run the downloaded installer as administrator and follow the instructions on the screen;
- wait for the installation to finish and restart your PC.
Once you gain control of the system, check for the Gdi32full.dll error.
Solution # 3 Recovering system files
This solution rarely helps. Nevertheless, some users on the network claim that the SFC and DISM utilities can get rid of the error with the Gdi32full.dll file. These utilities are extremely easy to use:
- right-click on the Start menu and select “Command Prompt (administrator)”;
- in the console, run the following series of commands one by one:
The note: Be sure to reboot your PC after running SFC!
- DISM / Online / Cleanup-Image / CheckHealth
- DISM / Online / Cleanup-Image / ScanHealth
- DISM / Online / Cleanup-Image / RestoreHealth
- see the results of DISM and restart your PC.
Run the program you need. Check if the Gdi32full.dll missing error has been fixed or not.