With the 1.3 update, Genshin Impact has completely changed. This is one of the biggest additions expected by many gamers. There are new quests, amazing locations, incredible character improvements and completely different heroes. Since the update is global and replaces many files in the system, it does not go as smoothly as the small patches before. Most often, users launch the Genshin Impact launcher and use auto-download. But some people have problems and this method does not work. Or the automatic update simply does not come.
Manual update of Genshin Impact to version 1.3
If there is no update in the client or it is downloaded with errors, then the developer has provided for the opportunity to execute it manually. Everything is quite simple, you need to download the file and follow the procedure to install it. To cope with such a task, you do not need to be a professional; you can figure everything out in a few minutes.
To use the manual update of Genshin Impact to version 1.3, you will have to follow these steps:
- Update the Genshin Impact Launcher to the latest version (it usually updates automatically).
- Click on the download and when it starts, click on pause to pause the process.
- Close the launcher by right-clicking on the tray icon and selecting “Exit” there.
- Go to the Genshin Impact Game folder. By default, it is located on the path “C: Program Files Genshin Impact Genshin Impact Game “, if you have not changed the installation location, then the file is located here.
- Go to the “Genshin” folder.
- Delete the file “1.2.0_1.3.0_diff_sBM8DJZc.zip_tmp”.
- Download software updates link…
- Transfer the downloaded file to the “Genshin Impact Game”, you do not need to extract it from the archive.
- Start the launcher, the status should already be “Game Pre-Installation Done”.
This method allows you to solve problems with the 1.3 update and use all the features of the new content. It is also a time-saving upgrade method. Downloading from the official server takes a very long time, the speed is incredibly low. By downloading the file yourself, you will save a lot of time and will be the first to experience updates.