How do I transfer my Assassin’s Creed Odyssey save from Uplay to Steam?
The process of transferring game saves between two completely different platforms is extremely difficult and, frankly, dangerous. For example, when performing a transfer, the original save can easily be damaged. Many online players are asking: How can I safely transfer my Assassin’s Creed Odyssey save from Uplay to Steam? Read the answer to this question in our article!
Safely transferring your Assassin’s Creed Odyssey save from Uplay to Steam
Not every player is loyal to Uplay. First, we buy the Uplay version of some toy at a low price, and then we begin to regret that we didn’t save a hundred or two rubles for the Steam version – we have to mess with, we’ll not be afraid of this word, poor Uplay. Resolved: buy the Steam version! But what to do with the saves left in the Jupe version? In this case, some players will replay the game from scratch. However, you can start transferring saves!
Today, players are most often engaged in transferring the saves of the Uplay version of Assassin’s Creed Odyssey to the Steam version – we will show an example on this game. However, be aware that this method of transferring “saves” can be applied to other games in Uplay, for example, Assassin’s Creed Unity, Syndicate, Watch_Dogs 2 and others.
Finding Assassin’s Creed Odyssey save files
First, you need to find the save files for both versions of Assassin’s Creed Odyssey.
- Uplay – C: Program Files (x86) Ubisoft Ubisoft Game Launcher savegame
- Steam – C: Program Files (x86) Ubisoft Ubisoft Game Launcher savegame
Digging into the HEX editor
- Make sure you have generated save files for both versions of Assassin’s Creed Odyssey on your computer.
- Just in case, back up your save files from Uplay.
- Copy the contents of the 5059 (Uplay) folder to the 5092 (Steam) folder.
- Install any free HEX editor on your computer, for example, HxD or Free Hex Editor Neo.
- Open the save files from Steam and Uplay in the editor, and then edit them, according to the screenshot below:
The saves are in the correct folder and they are edited – you are ready to continue playing Assassin’s Creed Odyssey, but only this time on Steam. The exact same operation can be done for other Uplay games, but, of course, the save files for them will be in folders with different numbers.