How to find a person in VK by photo, phone number, ID, first and last name?
The social network VKontakte is one of the most popular in our country. In the fall of 2020, more than 600 thousand users were registered on this social network, and this figure is only growing every day. Here everyone can find their old friend or relative, chat with him, view his news, etc. How to find a person in VK, having only fragmentary information about him, we will tell below.
Is it possible to find a person on VK?
VK allows you to find the right person very quickly. To do this, you don’t even need to know all of his personal data, some scraps will be enough: a high-quality photo, first and last name, phone number, ID, etc. However, if there is only one information from the listed list, the search can take a long time. There may be hundreds of users with the same name and surname in a country, but knowing the city as well, we narrow the search range tenfold.
How to find a person on VK?
First of all, it is worth noting that only registered users can use the search for people in this social network. However, there are tricks that can help you do this even without registration. We will talk about all this further.
Finding a person from a VK photo is not difficult. All you need is to know a part of the link from the photo. You can see it in the search bar and it looks like this: photo1_8746835. To search you need:
- Select the “News” section.
- Enter the following formula “copy: link to photo” in the search for VK.
- The results will display a photo where the desired person is present.
- After switching to the photo, you can easily get to his account.
However, this method does not always work. Paid services, for example, Findface, can be considered more effective. Its advantage is the accuracy of the search, the disadvantage is only the paid version. An alternative free search option is to upload a photo, open Google Image Search and insert the image there. The service will find all similar or exactly the same photos, one of the links should lead to the user’s page.
By phone number
To search by phone number, you need a mobile application, in which you need to synchronize contacts. This is done like this:
- In the application, you need to go to the “Services” section, and then to “Friends”.
- Tap on “Add friend”.
- In the window that appears, select “Contacts” and allow access to contacts.
As a result, synchronization with contacts is carried out and a list of users who have VK will be displayed. This list should also include the person we are looking for. True, not everyone indicates their personal phone number.
By name and surname
This is the easiest way. In order to find a person by name and surname, it is enough:
- Enter the VKontakte website and place the cursor in the “Search” field.
- Fill in the person’s details and press Enter or “Show all results”.
- In the window that opens, not only people will appear, but also news, videos and other content associated with this name. To display only live accounts on the page, you need to go to the “People” tab.
In the city
To search by city you need:
- Open the search page and first select the country of residence of the person.
- After that, a field for selecting a city will open.
All people living in the selected city will be in the window. It will be difficult to manually search among the entire list, except for small villages, so it is desirable to have at least a surname.
To find a person by his ID, you first need to find out what it is. ID – is a unique number that is assigned to everyone after registration. To find out this number you need:
- Open the VK page of the desired user.
- Insert the cursor into the search bar of the browser.
- The numbers after the “Id” will be this unique number.
If there are no numbers, but there are Latin letters, then the user has changed his id in the settings. How can you find a person knowing his ID? For this you need:
- Open the main page of VK https://vk.com/, place the cursor in the address field and after the last slash (/), enter id and identifier digits.
- Press Enter and the required user page will open.
The second way is to use a standard search engine (Google, Yandex, etc.). In the request field, just enter the id with the required combination of numbers and click search. The desired person’s page will appear on the first issue page.
The principle of searching by id from a phone is not very different:
- You need to open the application and click on the magnifying glass icon at the bottom of the screen.
- Select the “People” tab.
- In the search bar, write an identifier in the format “id *******” and press “Enter”.
The search results will display the person you were looking for.
How to find people nearby in VK?
Searching for people near VKontakte is another useful function of the social network. To use it, you first need to enable geolocation on your smartphone, and then:
- Log in to the Vkontakte application.
- Select the column “Friends”.
- In the upper right corner of the screen, click on the plus sign.
- Find the “Find Near Me” option.
As a result, all pages of people who are nearby are displayed.
Today, finding a person on the Internet will not be difficult. Of course, if the user has hidden their profile, it will be much more difficult. All the methods described above are effective and free, and any user of the popular social network can check their performance.