How to fix error 0x8004210B in Outlook on Windows?
Windows users may encounter error 0x8004210B when sending or receiving emails through Outlook.
Some users claim that after this error appears, the letter remains in the Outbox, while others say that it is enough to simply press the Send button again and everything will work.
The error message contains the following information:
Task ‘***** Send’ reported error (0x8004210B): “The operation timed out waiting for a response from the sending (SMTP) server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider. ”
Unfortunately, error 0x8004210B can appear on many versions of Outlook and on all versions of Windows, from 7 to the latest builds of Windows 10. In today’s article, we’ll see what causes this error and how to get rid of it.
Causes of error 0x8004210B in Outlook
With a little investigation, we were able to compile a list of four potential reasons for its appearance. Error 0x8004210B can manifest itself for the following reasons:
- corrupted Outlook profile files;
- the email is stuck in send mode;
- stuck read confirmation request;
- third-party antivirus interferes with Outlook.
Below in the article, you will find four methods by which you can get rid of error 0x8004210B.
Methods for solving error 0x8004210B
Method # 1 Re-add account
Some files related to the user account may have become corrupted. In such a scenario, sending or receiving emails in Outlook becomes impossible, which is what error 0x8004210B notifies.
To fix problems with your account, you just need to re-add it to Outlook. To do this, you need to follow these steps:
- press the key combination Windows + R;
- write in the appeared window the value “control” and press Enter;
- enter the query “Mail” in the search bar of the Explorer and select the found result;
- in the account settings window, select the “E-mail” tab and click on “Create …”;
- inside the window for adding an account, enter your name, email and password, and then click on the “Next” button and wait for the completion of the process of adding a new account;
- go back to the “E-mail” tab in the add account window and delete your old account (the one with which the error 0x8004210B occurred) by clicking on the “Delete” button;
- select a new account and make Outlook use it by default by clicking on the appropriate button.
We check for errors in Outlook when working with mail. If error 0x8004210B is still present, then try the method below.
Method # 2 Removing a “stuck” letter
In new versions of Outlook, the error we are considering today often occurs due to the fact that unsupported files or files that are larger than the allowed size are attached to the sent message.
To fix this issue, you need to go offline in Outlook and delete the email that is stuck in send mode. To do this, do the following:
- open Outlook and go to the Sending and Receiving tab;
- click on the globe-shaped icon with the caption “Work offline”;
- go to the Sent Items folder on the left side of the window and delete the problem letter from the list;
- go to the “Home” tab and click on the trash can icon with the caption “Recover deleted items from the server”;
- restart Outlook and take it offline.
Try sending the email you need and see if the error 0x8004210B is resolved.
Method # 3 Deleting a read confirmation request
Some Windows users claim that they were able to resolve it by removing the read confirmation request. The MFCMAPI utility helped them with this. Try the following:
- go to following link and download the latest version of the MFCMAPI utility of the appropriate bitness;
- after downloading the archive, extract its contents to a convenient location and run the MFCMAPI.exe file;
- click on “Session” and select “Logon …”;
- select “Outlook” in the drop-down list and click “OK”;
- double-click with the left mouse button on the database with “Default Store” set to “True”;
- then open “Root-Mailbox”, right-click on the topmost folder and select “Open contents table”;
- select an object with the “Read:” prefix, click on “Actions” in the menu bar, select the items “Submit” and “Abort submit”;
The note: if you do not see the above in front of you, then something else has caused your problem. Try the last method in the article.
- after that, we again go to “Actions” and select the item “Delete message”;
- from the drop-down menu select the option “Permanent delete passing DELETE_HARD_DELETE” and click “OK”;
- close all windows and restart your computer.
Open Outlook and check for error code 0x8004210B.
Method # 4 Removing third-party antivirus
It turns out that a similar problem with Outlook can be caused by overly caring antivirus on the user’s system. It is extremely easy to check this by getting rid of the antivirus. If you have a third-party antivirus on your PC, then try uninstalling it. To do this, you will have to do the following:
- press the combination Windows + S;
- write in the search line “Control Panel” and press Enter;
- click on the line “Uninstall a program” under the “Programs” section;
- find your antivirus in the list of installed programs;
- right-click on it and select “Delete”;
- follow the instructions on the screen to uninstall the antivirus;
- restart your computer.
We hope that the material was helpful to you in solving error 0x8004210B in Outlook on Windows.