Error CE-107857-8 occurs on PlayStation 5 in various situations. It can manifest itself both when waiting for a download in the queue, and when installing or starting a game. Today, it is not known for certain what exactly causes the problems, but empirically, solutions to the problem began to be found. Different users indicate that they have been helped by different methods of fixing. All working methods are described below.
How to fix error code CE-107857-8 on PlayStation 5?
There is good news and bad news. Good – there are many ways to solve the problem, most of which help to painlessly fix it. The bad thing is that it is not possible to accurately determine the causes of the failure, so the only option is to manually enumerate the methods of eliminating the failure.
First, we recommend trying the simpler and faster methods, which are often enough to achieve a positive result:
- Disable internet (both cable and wireless). This allows you to get rid of many network errors. If the game allows you to play offline, you can practice shooting or some other activity for now. After 15 minutes, it is worth restoring the connection and checking its work.
- Reload console… To do this, you need to hold down the power button and eject the drive until you turn it off. Then, after 10-20 seconds, launch the PlayStation 5 again.
- Update system software console… There is a tool for auto-update in the settings.
Having completed the basic steps, we can move on to more complex methods. Do not worry, they are all easily performed manually, just by following the instructions.
Method 1: restore the license
When trying to connect to the server, it may not recognize your license and drop the connection. If you restore it, everything should work.
- We go to the “Settings” section on the “Users and accounts” tab.
- Click on the “Other” tab and select “Restore licenses”.
- We are waiting for the completion of the restoration of all licenses for your PS profile.
Method 2: reset network settings
Since we are talking about a network breakdown of the console, it is worth trying to reset the Internet connection parameters. If the reason is incorrect IP, DNS, or something similar, error CE-107857-8 will be fixed.
- Go to “Settings” in the “Select devices” section and click on “Options” (icon in the form of a rectangle with 3 dots).
- Choose “Settings” – “Network”.
- We activate the item “Set default settings” and confirm “Restart PS now”.
Method 3: restore the database
Various database errors are easy to fix with the built-in tool, which is also common for error code CE-107857-8.
What should be done:
- Restart the console to safe mode. To do this, you need to press the power button before turning off the console and press it again for about 7 seconds until the second audio signal is played.
- Connect the controller via USB (wireless connection does not work).
- From the menu, select and activate the “Rebuild database” item.
- Wait until the end of the procedure.
Method 4: enable sharing
This option can be disabled or restricted. Enabling it may work, but it is important to have an active PSN account.
Algorithm of actions:
- Open the “Settings” section “System”.
- On the “Users and Accounts” tab, select “Other” and “Disable”
- Restore console sharing and online play.
We don’t know exactly which procedure will help fix the CE-107857-8 error on PS5, but we’re pretty sure one or more of the above should help. To help the next readers, write: what actions worked for you, how did you manage to remove the error.