How to fix error CE-118878-3 on PS5?
Error CE-118878-3 on PS5 is a relatively complex issue as it appears frequently but has no official technical explanation. All we have to do is pick and use the best and best-rated tips from across the web. To date, we have managed to bring out 3 working solutions, all of them were recommended when fixing error CE-118878-3 in WatchDogs, Immortals Fenyx Rising, Resident Evil 2 Remake, Surviving Mars Deluxe Edition, Fifa, Far Cry New Dawn, etc. Regularities between games is not traceable, this allows us to conclude that the problem is not in the game itself.
How to fix error CE-118878-3 on PS5?
Error code CE-118878-3 on PlayStation 5 can be fixed in most cases and the first step is to put the game installation in standby mode. Perhaps, it will still be added to the console overnight or day. If this does not happen, it is worth doing the following.
1) Check compatibility of regions of content and PSN account
If this content is not intended for your region, very often some glitches appear when it is added to the cart. The game weighs in there for many days without changes and you can’t even delete it. Be sure to check the compatibility of the game with your region. Hence, another option for resolving the failure follows.
Things to try:
- Sign out of your PSN account.
- Log in to a different PSN profile, preferably one that is tied to a different region. Maybe you can take it from a friend, register a new account with a link to another country, buy for scanty money on the network, try to use an account from work if there is also a PS5 there. In general, the most difficult thing is to figure out where to find it.
- Try to download the game. As soon as it is added to the system, you need to go back to the main account.
- Check if the game can be started.
If it’s some kind of bug with regional restrictions, this method should work.
2) Rebuild the database
Many problems can be corrected by restoring the database. If your case is a system crash, this should work.
How to restore the database:
- Turn off the console completely (be sure to completely, do not put it into sleep mode, as usual). To do this, you need to hold down the power button.
- When the PS5 is in the off position, you need to press the power button for 7 seconds, until the second beep.
- Connect joystick via USB (wireless connection does not work in this mode).
- Select the Rebuild Database option.
- It remains only to wait for the completion of the procedure, start the console and check the result.
3) Transfer the game from external to internal storage
Some players noted that they managed to fix their CE-118878-3 error on PS5 by transferring game files. This method is applicable if it has already been installed, but cannot be started or updated. The user wrote that the error went away after transferring the game from the external hard drive to the internal SSD, but that it could also work in the opposite direction.
What should be done:
- From the initial screen of the console, you need to open the menu and go to the “Memory” section.
- Click on “System Memory” and select “Applications”.
- Click on the “Options” button and select the option “Transfer to external storage” or internal.
- Choose the game that is facing the error. There may be several of them, the main thing is that there is enough free memory.
- Click on the “Move” option, and then – “OK”.
The game will soon be moved to a different drive and most likely won’t encounter the CE-118878-3 error on PS5. We hope that the listed measures will help you, because now this is the best that we can offer. Be sure to write in the comments how you managed to fix the error. This will be very helpful for the following readers.