How to fix Script Error 0 and run.vbs on Windows 10?
When you try to open a page in a browser, load some programs in Windows 10, or the desktop itself, a Script Error error may be displayed. In Russian it sounds like a “script error”. What is a little confusing is the indication in the message of the string, character and code – 0. There are other varieties of Script Error, all of them are somehow related to Internet Explorer. Despite the fact that you may not use the built-in browser, it is partially involved in the processing of sites and in other software. Here’s how to fix it.
How to fix script error on Windows 10?
Even though you are not using (no one is using) Internet Explorer, it is used by the system during the execution of some scripts, and then errors occur. Accordingly, our solutions will also be aimed at working with the built-in browser.
Disable script error notification
The easiest solution is to simply disable such messages. This is applicable if the system still works: it loads sites and does not throw them out of programs.
What to do:
- Click on the Start button and enter “Browser Properties”, open the link of the same name.
- Go to the “Advanced” tab and look for the “Overview” block.
- We set the checkboxes next to the items “Disable Internet Explorer Script Debugging” and “Disable Script Debugging (others)”.
- Click on the “Apply” button and close the dialog box.
Delete browser cache
It often happens that the system tries to use outdated files, the operation of which causes an application conflict. If you delete the old cache, it will be recreated and there will be no problem. To run the required tool, press the Alt + Shift + Del combination and select the maximum period for deleting files.
Advice! It is also highly advisable to update the application in which this error occurred. After the update, the program will most likely work correctly.
We issue the necessary permissions for the registry
If the script error is not related to the browser or the program, but occurs in the operating system after startup or at a random moment of operation, you need to change the level of authority in the registry. Importantly, this error can appear in all current versions of Windows.
How to fix Windows script error:
- We enter regedit in the search and open the registry editor.
- Right-click on the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE directory and select “Permissions …”.
- We select the item “All” and put a tick next to “Full access”.
- On the “Additional” page, where we get after clicking the button of the same name, select “Change” and also click “Full access”.
- Enter Regsvr32 C: Windows System32 Msxml.dll into the command line and press Enter.
Quickly fix the run.vbs script error
If the run.vbs error appears, then Explorer does not work for you, and accordingly, the desktop is not displayed. The screen can be completely black or with a splash, but there are no main elements on it. First, we need to restore File Explorer. Secondly, to make sure that the error does not appear again.
Instructions for resolving the run.vbs error:
- Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc and click on the “Details” element.
- Click on the “File” button and select “Run new task”.
- Enter explorer.exe and return the desktop.
- Insert regedit into the search and follow the path HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE-> SOFTWARE-> Microsoft-> Windows NT-> CurrentVersion-> Winlogon.
- Click once on the Shell value and enter explorer.exe into the line.
- Set the Userinit value to C: WINDOWS system32 userinit.exe.
Another option is to insert in the “Run” line – regsvr32 msxml3.dll, and then regsvr32 dispex.dll.
On this, all the main script errors should be eliminated. Script Error should no longer appear.