If you want to see the best ending in The Witcher 3, you’ve come to the right place. The game has many endings and, of course, there is no best one among them, to each his own. However, there are quite a few frankly bad and unpleasant endings where favorite characters end up trying to get out of problems. Players have a variety of options to complete the Witcher story. Depending on your decisions, the game will come to one of 36 endings.
In a good scenario, I would like to see how Ciri joins Geralt in the role of the witcher, and the main character lives with Yennfer. It’s kind of a perfect ending, because it’s a shame to spend 50 hours playing, fall in love with both characters, and then lose them. However, life is harsh, especially for the mutant monster killer. It is very difficult to independently build a plot line so that everyone is happy, but with our guidance it will be much easier. By following this guide, you can get the best ending for Ciri.
How to save Ciri in The Witcher 3?
The most dynamic and emotional withdrawal of heroes from the game involves Ciri. Her fate can develop in 3 directions, it all depends on the actions of Geralt. Regardless of the choice of the protagonist, the epilogue will always revolve around the fate of Ciri and will be called “Something ends, something begins.” Listed below are the main and side quests that affect the fate of the heroine.
- Blood on the battlefield;
- Child of the Elder Blood;
- Final preparations.
- Eye for an eye;
- Deadly conspiracy;
- Redania’s Most Wanted (ends in Act 2);
- The reason for the condition (ends in the third act).
Most of these quests imply the need for choice, the player’s decision directly affects the ending of Ciri at the end of Witcher 3. In Blood on the Battlefield, it is important how to approach Ciri, whether you visit the Emperor and agree with him about money for what Geralt brought to him Ciri. All this must be remembered. Below we will consider different options for fate, first by talking about the bad outcome.
Bad ending – Ciri dies
There are a couple of negative decisions to make to get this game ending. Three out of five are enough for Ciri to eventually die:
- In the task “Blood on the battlefield“Select the option for Geralt’s answer:” Relax, you don’t have to be good at everything. “
- In the same mission, accept money from the Emperor for accompanying Ciri to him and choose the option: “I definitely need this more than you do.”
- When “Final preparations»Take Ciri to the Sorceress Lodge.
- During the quest “Child of the elder blood»Tell your companion to calm down in times of anger. People don’t like that.
- During the same mission, refuse Ciri to visit Skjall’s grave.
It is not necessary to make all 5 decisions, but it will be 100% guarantee that Ciri will die. If you are not sadistic and wish her well, here are some more suitable options.
Ciri survived and became a witcher
To get this ending, you basically need to make the opposite decisions to those described above. However, you need to do as many as 4 correct actions during the game and then Ciri will join Geralt in the role of the Witcher.
Here’s how to do it:
- In the story quest “Blood on the battlefield“Do not take money from the Emperor.
- Consoling Ciri, choose the option: “I know what can cheer you up.”
- IN “Final preparations»Invite Ciri to go to the Sorceresses’ Lodge on her own.
- When she is angry (in the task “Child of the elder blood») Tell her not to restrain herself.
- Accompany Ciri to the grave at her request.
Ciri is alive and became Empress
You need to do more to get this ending than for the others. Most decisions need to be made in the same missions, but there are also side missions that must be completed in acts 2 and 3.
What should be done:
- Take Ciri to the Emperor.
- In Act 2, complete the quests “An eye for an eye“,”Deadly conspiracy“And”Redania’s Most Wanted“.
- In the third act, you should go through “Blindingly obvious“And be nice to Dijkstra.
- If Dijkstra is talking about Ciri, the quest “Reason for the condition”, You need to complete it and side with Vernon Roche and Wes, opposing Dijkstra.
In addition, you need at least 3 positive solutions in the tasks described in the previous sections.
Geralt’s position at the end of the game directly depends on his romantic inclinations.
Where the Witcher will be at the end of the game:
- The romantic relationship of Triss Merigold and Geralt will lead him to Kovir.
- Remaining loyal to Yennefer, they will abandon the monster hunter lifestyle and will periodically bathe together.
- Having completely abandoned novels or trying to settle down with both ladies, Geralt remains alone and continues his wanderings around the country.
Other options for the finals of The Witcher 3 relate to the secondary heroes of the game. Some decisions will lead to the emergence of new epilogue missions, while others are associated with short cutscenes in the final video. There are too many of them to consider separately, but the most notable ones are listed below.
- When passing “Whispering Hill“You can free or kill the creature. If destroyed, Velen will see the world, and the latter will see that the city is destroyed.
- After finishing “Now or never“Magicians will leave Novigrad. If this is ignored, Novigrad will become a death trap for magicians.
- The different finals of Keira Metz directly depend on the decision of Geralt in the last task.
- Deciding the fate of the Bloody Baron in the quest “Whispering Hill“Depends on whether you release or kill the ghost. This is one of the most difficult choices in the game.
- The choice of the ruler. Maybe Emgyr, Ciri, Radovid, Dijkstra, Keris, Hyalmar, Svanrig,
In additions to The Witcher 3, there are many more alternative endings. If you are interested in learning about them, be active and we will prepare material on this topic.