How to Share a Game via PS4 Game Share: 5 Easy Steps
Now you can share your favorite game on PlayStation 4. It is not at all necessary that a friend has the same game, Sony allowed playing in co-op with one copy. Of course, this is due to certain restrictions, but rather soft ones that do not interfere with a comfortable game. Details about the Game Share project and how to launch it are below.
What is PS4 Game Share?
Game Share (also called Share Play) is a function that allows you to play over a local network with your PSN friends. The main advantage of the service is that the second participant does not have to buy a copy of the game. With the help of technology, other users can watch the broadcast of the game or become a participant in it. All the listed benefits are available after clicking on the “Share” button.
Moreover, a friend can continue and even complete the game without even having physical access to the host’s console. Thanks to the Play Together function, you can play together, rallying as a team to defeat strong opponents.
What are the limitations of Game Share technology?
Basic requirements for session participants:
- To transfer the controller, you need a PlayStation Plus membership. To play together, the paid service must be active for both gamers.
- The game must be available in the store at the current time.
- You can only share the game with friends from the same country.
- The host and the second participant must be PSN friends.
- Both have a high-speed network (at least 2 Mbps).
- The maximum number of participants is 2.
- You cannot use the PlayStation camera in this mode.
- One session lasts no more than 60 minutes. After its completion, you can restart Share Play an unlimited number of times.
- The parental control level as well as the age limit must allow the game to run.
- All awards are given only to the organizer’s account.
- Progress is saved to the system of the person who shares the game.
How do I distribute a game on PS4 Game Share?
Obviously, first you need to turn on the console with the purchased game. 4 next steps:
- Open the “Settings” menu.
- Go to the PSN section.
- Click on the “Activate as your main PS4” option.
- Select the “Activate” option.
That’s all, now the organizer and friend can play PS4 through GameShare. It’s time to share your favorite game.