iTunes could not connect to this iPhone – 0xe80000a
Error 0xe80000a occurs when you try to connect your iPhone or iPad to your computer. The full text of the error reads as follows:
iTunes was unable to connect to this iPhone. An unknown error has occurred (0xe80000a).
Simply put, the user will not be able to take out any useful information from the error message for himself. Fortunately, at the moment, both the reasons behind this problem and several methods of solving it are known.
Table of Contents
Causes of Error 0xe80000a
- Damaged USB cable / port.
- Incomplete installation of iTunes.
- Incorrectly working iTunes services on the computer.
Methods for solving error 0xe80000a
Method # 1 Reset Folder Lockdown
ITunes has a folder on Windows called Lockdown that contains security certificates for iOS devices previously connected to your computer. Error 0xe80000a can appear precisely because of all these certificates, and therefore you need to reset the Lockdown folder or, more simply, delete it. Don’t worry, iTunes will automatically recreate this folder the next time you start your computer. Try the following:
- press on the Windows keyboard + R;
- write down the value % AppData% and press Enter;
- open the folder Apple and find the same folder Lockdown;
- remove Lockdown and restart your computer.
We try to connect the Apple device to iTunes again and see if the error 0xe80000a has disappeared.
Method # 2 Update Windows and iTunes
Some users claim that they managed to get rid of the error by updating their Windows OS, others say that updating the iTunes program helps. We recommend that you do both. To update your Windows, you need to do the following:
- press Windows + R to open the Run window;
- write the value ms-settings: windowsupdate and press Enter;
- click on the “Check for Updates” button;
- follow the instructions on the screen and install any updates available for Windows;
- restart your computer.
Now let’s see what you need to do to update iTunes to the latest version.
- open iTunes;
- in the window menu bar, click on the “Help” item, then select the “Check for Updates” option;
- now just follow the instructions on the screen to install the new version of iTunes;
- restart your computer again.
Check for error 0xe80000a when connecting your Apple device to your computer.
Method # 3 Complete reinstallation of iTunes
The whole problem may lie in iTunes itself. It is possible that some program files were damaged, as a result of which it became impossible to connect devices. We recommend that you first completely uninstall iTunes from your computer and then install it again using Apple official website…
Method # 4 Stop certain iTunes-related processes and connect your Apple device
It turns out that some processes related to the iTunes program may start to work incorrectly, thereby interfering with the normal connection of Apple devices. You need to end processes like PodService.exe, AppleMobileDeviceService.exe or iTunesHelper.exe in the Task Manager, and then try to connect your device to the computer. Do this and check for error 0xe80000a.
Method # 5 Disabling antivirus
And the last thing we will advise you is to disable any antivirus software that is currently installed on your computer. The thing is that some antiviruses, for some reason, sometimes begin to interfere with the establishment of a normal connection. Once you disable your antivirus software, try connecting your Apple device to iTunes on your PC and see if the error 0xe80000a is gone.