A huge number of developers release games for consoles. There is less chance of it being stolen by pirates, it is easier to sell the application through branded stores, there are more gamers here. The console itself is more affordable, so many people prefer it. However, there are many gamers who have chosen the PC as their primary device. The developers understand this and after a while port the application to the PC in order to get even more reviews, sell even more copies of the product. It is at this moment of transition from one platform to another that a lot of problems occur. Nevertheless, there are games that move very well to different platforms, including the already popular Yakuza 6 on PC. But even here it was not without problems.
How to get rid of small freezes in Yakuza 6 on PC
After the game was ported to PC, it immediately began to receive a ton of positive feedback on Steam. A huge number of fans were really looking forward to this moment and were able to immerse themselves in a unique virtual world. However, the forum also started to receive complaints messages where users talked about small freezes during gameplay. Even if a gamer uses powerful and expensive equipment, from time to time he may witness a second freeze. You can live with this, but the gaming atmosphere is rapidly deteriorating, because in serious battles, friezes do not contribute to victory in any way. There are several ways to get rid of this problem.
Method 1: disable vertical sync
Vertical sync was created to improve your PC gaming experience. This technology was originally intended to keep the frame rate in sync with the refresh rate of the monitor. The picture becomes smoother, various artifacts should disappear on the screen. If we are talking about weak equipment, then this technology can really be useful, the frame rate in the game will decrease, but it will be more stable. If the hardware is powerful, then vertical sync can cause intermittent freezes.
To disable this feature, follow these steps:
- Go to Steam and open the library to find the game in it.
- Open the game and go to the graphics settings.
- Find the Vertical Sync parameter and turn it OFF.
After that, the friezes should pass, the game will run without them, but the frame rate and screen refresh rate will not be synchronized. Gaps in the picture may appear, which causes even more discomfort during the process. To prevent this from happening, you need to work on blocking the frame rate of the game itself. This can be done using the standard settings:
- Go to the game options.
- Choose your graphics settings.
- Opposite the FPS item, set the value to 30, 60 or 120, depending on personal preferences and the capabilities of the video card.
If after that screen tearing remains during the game, you need to limit the frame rate externally. To do this, you can use a third party application called RivaTuner. This program is considered to be very popular among gamers and must be installed. If you are going to play at a professional level, then you cannot do without RivaTuner. For many users, this method has become the most optimal solution to the problem with freezes in Yakuza 6.
To limit frames using RivaTuner, follow these steps:
- Go to link and scroll down the page to find and start downloading the latest version of the program.
- Install RivaTuner software by following simple on-screen instructions.
- Run the installed application.
- Go to Steam, search for Yakuza 6 in your library.
- Click on the game with the right mouse button, select “Options”, go to the “Control” tab and then select “View local files”. This will allow you to quickly get to the folder with the game files on your computer.
- Open RivaTuner through the taskbar, a small icon appears there.
- In the small window select “ADD” to add a game.
- Find the yakuza6.exe file in the application folder and select it, it will be added to RivaTuner.
- Select the game parameters in RivaTuner and set the Framerate limit value to 30, 60 or 120, whichever is more comfortable for you.
- Minimize the setup program and you can safely launch the application, the frame rate will be limited by you, and the tearing on the screen will disappear.
Method 2: disable image anti-aliasing SSAA
This technology makes the gameplay smoother, more enjoyable and stable. But in some cases, it is this rendering of the effects that causes the freezes. If the video card does not have time to process all the visual functions, then small freezes occur, especially when there are a lot of them on the screen. If you disable SSAA anti-aliasing, you can get rid of small friezes, but the picture will also be less attractive.
To disable this setting, follow these steps:
- Enter the game and go to the graphics settings.
- Find the SSAA parameter and change it to FXAA or MSAA.
The performance for the game will require a little less, but the quality of the graphics will decrease slightly. However, a stable application, even with less eye-catching graphics, would be a better solution.
It should be said that the developer knows about this problem and it arose, most likely, precisely because of the transfer of the game to a new platform. PC gamers write on the publisher forums, and he has already given his answer regarding the fact that he is working on fixing the error. There is a high probability that an update will be released soon, which will fix this defect in porting the game to PC. But while you wait for it, you can use one of the above methods to get rid of the friezes yourself.