Solution for error 0xCFFFF82E on Xbox One and Windows 10
Error 0xCFFFF82E can appear on both Windows 10 and Xbox One systems. Typically, on the Microsoft console, this error occurs when you try to sign in to your account. On Windows 10, this code will show up when working with the Xbox Console Companion or Xbox Accessories app.
What causes error 0xCFFFF82E?
- Xbox Live services are not working. If Microsoft servers are experiencing problems during their operation or are undergoing technical work, then the appearance of the error in question is quite expected. The solution in this case is just waiting.
- Incorrectly specified additional MAC address. Error 0xCFFFF82E can occur if the user has incorrectly set the secondary MAC address on the Xbox One console. In such a case, you just need to go to the network settings and remove the additional MAC address so that the console uses the default address.
- The IP address in use has been changed. Does the error show up whenever your console wakes from hibernation? Your ISP probably only provides dynamic IP addresses. The situation can be remedied with a simple reboot or reset of the router.
- Network connection problems. It is possible that the 0xCFFFF82E error occurs on your computer that the network connection is not working correctly. In such a case, you can try resetting TCP / IP via the command line.
- Hyper-V is in conflict with other software. This error can manifest itself on a computer running Windows 10 where Hyper-V technology is activated and other software is running that gives the user similar functionality. The solution is to deactivate Hyper-V or remove third-party software with similar functionality.
The reasons for the appearance of error 0xCFFFF82E are quite specific, but, fortunately, it is very easy to solve using several effective methods. Speaking of methods …
Methods for solving error 0xCFFFF82E
Method # 1 Checking Xbox Live Services
The first thing you should do as an Xbox One owner is to check if the Xbox Live services are functioning properly. If Microsoft servers are currently experiencing problems or are undergoing technical work, then error 0xCFFFF82E is quite expected.
Go to this link and make sure the Xbox Live services are working as expected. However, what if some services crashed? Quite frankly, you can’t do anything on your part. All you have to do is wait for Xbox Live to work properly, which can take up to several hours.
Method # 2 Removing additional MAC address
Perhaps the most popular solution for the 0xCFFFF82E error on Xbox One is to remove the secondary MAC address. Many users claim that they were able to log into their account without any problems, once they removed the additional MAC address from the network settings of the console.
Try the following:
- press the “X” button in the center of the controller;
- go down to the section with settings and go to “All settings”;
- go to the “Network” tab and go to “Network Settings”;
- now go to the “Advanced Settings” tab and select “Additional MAC Address”;
- select the “Clear” option to remove the previously set additional MAC address;
- restart your Xbox One console and try to sign in normally.
In most cases, this method helps, but if you still encounter error 0xCFFFF82E, then let’s try to do something else.
Method # 3 Restart / reset the router
A router malfunction can cause a whole bunch of all sorts of problems, including our mistake today. First, we recommend that you try restarting your Wi-Fi router and see what happens.
You can disconnect the device from the mains or press the power button, if there is one on the case. Wait ten to fifteen seconds, and then turn the router back on. If the error disappeared and everything returned to normal, then it was just a small bug that you now know how to cope with.
If you don’t change anything, you can try resetting your router. True, after this procedure you will have to set all the necessary settings anew, but if this solves the problem, it will be worth it. To reset your router, you will need to do the following:
- turn the router over with the ports facing you;
- find the button labeled “Reset”;
- press and hold it for 10 seconds;
The note: on some models, you may need to press this button with a needle, pin or other similar object, because it is recessed into the housing to prevent accidental pressing.
- start your router, configure it and check if the problem persists.
Method # 4 Disable Hyper V technology (Windows 10 only)
Moving on to a method designed exclusively for Windows 10 users. From time to time, users of this system complain about the appearance of error 0xCFFFF82E when working with Xbox applications. This could be due to the Hyper V technology, which came into conflict with another application on the system performing similar functions. Do the following to disable Hyper V on your computer:
- press Windows + R;
- copy the line “cmd” into a blank line and press the combination Ctrl + Shift + Enter;
- enter the value “dism.exe / Online / Disable-Feature: Microsoft-Hyper-V” in the command line and press Enter;
- wait for the command to finish and restart your computer.
The note: if you need Hyper-V technology in the future, you can activate it using the command “dism.exe / Online / Enable-Feature: Microsoft-Hyper-V”.
Method # 5 Reset TCP / IP (Windows 10 only)
Let’s move with you to the last method – reset TCP / IP. If the 0xCFFFF82E error occurs due to some network connection problem, then this may help resolve the problem. So, do the following:
- press Windows + R;
- paste the value “cmd” and press Ctrl + Shift + Enter;
- run a number of the following commands at the command prompt:
- netsh winsock reset;
- netsh int ip reset;
- ipconfig / release;
- ipconfig / renew;
- ipconfig / flushdns;
- after typing, close Command Prompt and restart your computer.
We hope that at least some of the methods helped you deal with error 0xCFFFF82E on Xbox One or Windows 10.