What to do if Outriders crashes, lags or freezes?
With the release of Outriders, players have faced many problems, most of which can only be fixed by the developers themselves. In particular, this concerns errors with connecting to servers, disappearing items from inventory, freezing at the stage of entering the game, and much more. However, some problems can be fixed by changing the internal settings.
The following are ways to fix freeze and crash issues, although stable operation is not guaranteed. It all depends on the specific PC build and operating system version. If that doesn’t help, you just have to wait for updates and patches.
Solution 1: Install the latest graphics drivers
Many users, as a rule, do not care about the relevance of their video card drivers, because often outdated versions do their job well. However, old or damaged drivers can cause various errors. For example, this is one of the reasons for a blue screen (BSOD) and problems with dll files. It is recommended to update the video card drivers on the manufacturer’s official website, but you can also use Windows tools.
- Expand the window of running programs in the tray (right, bottom).
- Find the icon of your video card, and right-click on it.
- Select the item: Check for Updates.
You can also update from the device manager:
- Press the combination Win + X and select the appropriate item.
- Expand the Display adapters section.
- Right click on the GPU, and click Refresh.
- In the next window, select Search automatically for updated drivers.
- After the installation is complete, restart your computer.
Solution 2. Update the game
The developers are constantly working to improve their project, so there is a chance that the latest patches fix crashes and freezes. If the game was purchased on Steam or other digital platforms, it should update automatically. You can check this as follows:
- Go to your library.
- Right click on the game and select Properties.
- Go to the updates section.
- Next, select the “High priority updates for this game” option.
- Update the game.
If you are playing on Xbox:
- Go to My games & apps.
- Select Outriders and click Manage Game.
- On the left, select Updates and download whatever is available.
If you are playing PlayStation:
- Go to your games library and select Outriders.
- Press the Options button on the controller.
- In the side menu, select Check for Updates.
Solution 3. Change in-game settings
Some users report that changing the in-game settings helped them solve many problems with Outriders, including crashes and freezes. You need to do the following:
- Launch the game and go to Settings.
- Select Display Settings.
- Here switch the full screen mode to windowed, without displaying a border.
- Disable Vsync option.
- Set the FPS limit to 59.
Solution 4. Check the integrity of the game files
Among other things, during the download and installation of the game, some files could be damaged or not fully downloaded. You can check their integrity and replace faulty ones with new ones. For the Steam version of Outriders, do the following:
- Go to the library, right-click on the game, and select Properties.
- Then to the Local files section.
- Here select Check Integrity of Game Data.
- Wait until the end of scanning and restoration of damaged files.
Solution 5. Wait until the developers fix all the problems
If none of the above options have solved the problems with crashes, you just have to be patient and wait for the creators to fix critical bugs that players are not able to fix on their own. Both Square Enix and People Can Fly are currently working hard on new updates, so you need to check if automatic updates are enabled and look forward to future patches.