What to look for when choosing the best gaming headphones?
In pursuit of graphics, fps and other important parameters, it is very easy to forget about sound. Innovative technologies are improving every day, and now even headphones have become the basic device for gamers, which allows them to blindly determine where events are taking place. Sound is just as important in games as it is in video. High-quality sound will help you immerse yourself in the process, feel and enjoy every minute of the battle. Gaming headphones should be better than the rest of the models, but where exactly? We have identified 4 important parameters that gaming headphones must have.
This is the main trend in modern devices. He helps to locate the enemy even before contact with him. Most often these are 5.1 and 7.1 formats, because many games can play such audio files. The 3D sound accessories are equipped with 2 speakers on the side of the device, they are best for playing games.
There is also a software side that will help unleash the potential of the headphones:
- Windows 10 users have the option to customize sound settings on their own. To activate the Spatial Sound function, go to the “Device Properties” section and activate Windows Sonic for Headphones in the “Spatial Sound” item. It interfaces with your favorite games and transforms the sound into surround.
- There is another program for virtual sound that is gaining frenzied popularity among gamers. DTS Headphone X – the utility can be downloaded to a computer and tested in a trial mode for 20 days. Surround sound will allow you to watch movies and play games with multichannel tracks. Technically, the program supports any headphone model with previously optimized settings.
Communication is the most important part of team play. Therefore, modern devices must be equipped with a high-quality microphone. Many models are equipped with a noise canceling function, eliminating unnecessary sounds. Realism of sound transmission depends on this parameter. With its help, you can abstract yourself from the outside world, completely immersing yourself in the process.
- Microphone sensitivity. The higher the number, the louder the voice of the speaker will be. The headset should not be too loud or quiet. This criterion should vary between 100-120 dB.
- The power should be in the range from 1 to 5000 mW – if the values exceed the norm, then the device will not last long. The width of the frequencies indicates the purity of the sound, the frequency range is set in the range of 20 Hz – 20 kHz.
Nice, lightweight body that does not cause discomfort
For gamers who spend most of their time in front of the computer, it is important to give preference to the dual-design headphone models. These gadgets are equipped with soft lining and metal guides. The design is able to guarantee comfort and a tight fit of the cups during the game.
- The type of ear cushions plays a significant role. Devices that have a memory function (foam) are made of high-quality and breathable materials, which is a big plus for long-term listening or watching movies, participating in games. Due to this, the auricles do not heat up and do not bring discomfort to the user.
- Gaming headphones often feature aggressive styling, vibrant colors, and even backlighting. An additional plus will be a rich set of accessories: additional pads (pillows), cables, adapters and protective covers.
Dedicated configuration software
Most good models interface with a computer via a USB port. They own their own card, which handles sound, bypassing the limitations of the on-board motherboard. However, they are supplied with proprietary software for adjusting the basic parameters.
By listening to the selection criteria, you can choose the best device for regular use, from which you can get not only aesthetic pleasure, but also physical one. Once again, we want to draw attention to the fact that each person has individual criteria for sound absorption – if one picks up higher frequencies and gets a buzz from this, then the other user will be annoyed by these parameters. You should not buy an accessory without first listening, based on reviews and recommendations from other users.