Roblox has been around for many years but still encounters some bugs a lot. Along with the growing popularity of the game, the number of crashes also increased. One of the common problems is error code 277 in Roblox. Full message view:
Lost connection to the game server, please reconnect (error code: 277)
This error can appear on all popular platforms: Android, iPhone, Windows 10/11, Xbox and PlayStation of the latest generations. In the case of a computer, we conclude that there is damage to the registry files, user blocking, problems on game servers. But it can also be due to the absence, too slow or unstable Internet connection.
How to fix Roblox error 277 on PC?
Before you start more complex solutions to error 277 in Roblox, it is worth trying simple but very important methods. It is in them that the matter often lies.
What should be done:
- Check the status of the Roblox servers. Since we are talking about the problem of connecting to the server, the first thing to do is to check their status. Information available on a special page… If some elements do not work, you just need to be patient, everything will be restored soon.
- Refresh your default browser. It often causes this error to appear. Often the necessary tool is located on the “About the browser” tab.
- Update Windows. This step is self-explanatory.
If the above steps didn’t work, here are 3 more methods that should rule out the 277 error in Roblox.
Method 1: run automatic scanning
The developers at Roblox have come up with a versatile troubleshooting tool called the Roblox Utility Tool. It does not always work, but it often works.
How to use the Roblox Utility Tool:
- Downloading the program from Roblox official website…
- Run the utility and click “Scan Now”.
- After a short wait, click on the “Fix” button.
- We reboot the computer and check the result.
Method 2: run Roblox in compatibility mode
This mode is in the “Properties” shortcut on the “Compatibility” tab. Only there you need to try several options: older and newer operating systems, after each checking the result. Most likely, Roblox will start without problems in one of the modes.
Method 3: remove Roblox logs
Some players reported that cleaning Roblox logs worked for them and this fixed error 277. This gives us reason to recommend this method for use.
How to do it:
- On the keyboard, press the combination Win + R, the “Run” window should open.
- Paste the command% localappdata% Roblox logs here and press Enter.
- Select all files with the Ctrl + A keys and press the Shift + Del keys.
- We repeat the procedure, but this time at the second stage, enter% USERPROFILE% AppData LocalLow RbxLogs and delete all contents of the folder.
Done, we tried all known methods to fix error 277 in Roblox on a computer. Logically, some of the above should help. The main thing is to remember to leave comments what worked for you. Maybe you know other effective methods, write about them in the comments too.